For the past 30 years Andrew Berton has been an inventor and run a toy & game licensing agency. Born and educated in the UK, he started at the age of 12 years to collect antique penny slot machines before joining in 1970 GKN as a trainee engineer. In 1975 Andrew converted a listed canal boat into a floating residence and completed his degree in Management Sciences at Loughborough University.In 1980, Andrew moved to Australia where he worked as a financial & business administrator in a variety of industries including a record company, time-share entity, and a top Sydney public relations firm, before finally running his own café. In 1986 Andrew won the Australian Toy Associate “Endeavour Award” for his first invented game before moving in 1989 to the US to work as a liaison between inventors and the global toy industry.
Invented games and designs:
- 1986 Aussie Snap™ licensed to Tonka (Australia)
- 1987 Spellbinder™ licensed to Mattel (US)
- 1987 Have You Seen My Pound Puppy?™ licensed to Irwin Toys (Canada)
- 1989 Battle Cry!™ licensed to Milton Bradley (US) one of the first electronic board games
- 1993 13 Dead End Drive™ licensed to Milton Bradley (Co-invention)
- 1995 Up For Grabs™ licensed to Tyco Toys
- 2005 Calamityville™ licensed to Fundex (Co-invention)
Educational attainment as follows:
- BSc. Hons (2.1) + Diploma of Industrial Studies, Loughborough University 1972-1977
- Associate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Professional Administrators 1981
- Associate of Australian Society of Accountants, 1983
- Australian CPA, 1984
Awards and Accolades
Racquetball, golf, skiing, theater, collection & renovation of classic slot machines & gaming equipment, bridge, extensive international travel, and professional horseracing (Partial owner of “Go Go Yah” Australian 6 yr. Chestnut Gelding).
Excel Development Group, Inc.
1123 Mount Curve Avenue
Minneapolis MN 55403-1128